Scottsdale Eye Surgeon Attends AAO Meeting in San Francisco
Q Vision medical director Tariq Qamar M.D. attended the Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Ophthalmology from October 23-25, 2009.
Dr. Qamar's favorite part of the meeting was a presentation by Dr. J. Bradley Randleman out of Emory University in Atlanta. Dr. Randleman's presentation centered around corneal topography - measurement of the contour of the front surface of the eye - one of the most important determinants of the safety of LASIK.
"Dr. Randleman has developed a scientifically validated scoring system to help predict the long-term safety of LASIK. Such factors as corneal topography, corneal thickness, age and the amount of correction being attempted are variables in the system. Though some have criticized the system as too conservative, it fits well with my practice philosophy and I've found it quite useful", states Dr. Qamar.
Aside from the scientific program, Dr. Qamar spent several hours on the exhibit hall floor reviewing the latest diagnostic instruments and surgical equipment. "The recession has slowed innovation in the field of laser vision correction," he reports, "but I anticipate some exciting new offerings by the time the ASCRS meeting rolls around next April in Boston."
Questions about Topics Raised in this Article(click a question to view answer)
There are currently no questions for this section. You can ask a question by filling in the form here.
- Strange Facts about the Cost of LASIK. (29 Apr)
- Three Things You Must Know Before You Consider Laser Eye Surgery (17 Jun)
- Dr. Qamar Named in 2012 Phoenix Super Doctors List (6 Jan)
- Dr. Qamar Named 2011 Top Doctor by Phoenix Magazine (1 Apr)
- Q Vision Now Offers Latisse (15 Apr)
- Arizona Cataract Surgeon Reviews Latest Advancements (14 Apr)
- Scottsdale Eye Surgeon Attends AAO Meeting in San Francisco (2 Nov)
- Q Vision Now Offers Implantable Contact Lens Surgery in Phoenix (28 Aug)
- Phoenix Cataract and LASIK Surgeon Attends ASCRS Meeting (15 Apr)
- Visit Q Vision on Facebook! (1 Feb)
- Advice for First Time Visitors (1 Jan)
- Dr. Qamar Attends Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. (15 Nov)
- Hale-Qamar Cataract and LASIK Center is now Q Vision! (1 Oct)
- Wavefront-guided LASIK improves night driving performance (1 Mar)