Phoenix Cataract and LASIK Surgeon Attends ASCRS Meeting
As part of a continuing effort to keep Q Vision's Arizona-based practice at the forefront of the fields of laser vision correction and cataract surgery, Dr. Tariq Qamar attended the annual meeting of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery in San Francisco, California from April 1 to April 6, 2009.
The first "pre-meeting day" was sponsored by Abbot Medical Optics, the company that provides Q Vision with the VISX CustomVue and Intralase technology used to treat our Phoenix laser vision correction patients. The presentations were led by the medical monitors for each laser system and featured tips and techniques from speakers around the world.
During the remaining days, Dr. Qamar attended presentations centered around cataract surgery. One interesting presentation outlined methods to increase the speed of recovery from cataract surgery through new and innovative uses of gel-like substances called viscoelastics that are placed inside of the eye during surgery to reduce postoperative swelling. Another useful presentation described new techniques to remove cataracts in patients who have waited beyond the ideal time to have surgery - a scenario that is not uncommon amongst Arizona cataract surgery patients. Finally, several presentations covered what Dr. Qamar likes to call the bifocal category of intraocular lenses. Here, users of the Restor and Crystalens exchanged ideas to help enhance the performance of these premium lenses. Dr. Qamar is looking forward to bringing many new and innovative ideas back to his Phoenix cataract surgery patients.
Questions about Topics Raised in this Article(click a question to view answer)
There are currently no questions for this section. You can ask a question by filling in the form here.
- Strange Facts about the Cost of LASIK. (29 Apr)
- Three Things You Must Know Before You Consider Laser Eye Surgery (17 Jun)
- Dr. Qamar Named in 2012 Phoenix Super Doctors List (6 Jan)
- Dr. Qamar Named 2011 Top Doctor by Phoenix Magazine (1 Apr)
- Q Vision Now Offers Latisse (15 Apr)
- Arizona Cataract Surgeon Reviews Latest Advancements (14 Apr)
- Scottsdale Eye Surgeon Attends AAO Meeting in San Francisco (2 Nov)
- Q Vision Now Offers Implantable Contact Lens Surgery in Phoenix (28 Aug)
- Phoenix Cataract and LASIK Surgeon Attends ASCRS Meeting (15 Apr)
- Visit Q Vision on Facebook! (1 Feb)
- Advice for First Time Visitors (1 Jan)
- Dr. Qamar Attends Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. (15 Nov)
- Hale-Qamar Cataract and LASIK Center is now Q Vision! (1 Oct)
- Wavefront-guided LASIK improves night driving performance (1 Mar)