Dr. Qamar Attends Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
The Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Ophthalmology is the world's largest and most prestigious gathering of eye surgeons. This year's meeting was held in Atlanta, Georgia from November 8-11. Despite the global recession, the meeting was well-attended by surgeons from around the world.
Dr. Qamar attended the meeting and more specifically the Refractive Surgery Subspecialty Days where LASIK subspecialists met to discuss the latest equipment, surgical techniques and medical standards of care. According to Dr. Qamar, "This year's meeting offered little groundbreaking information, but offered continued refinements in many areas. On the laser vision correction front, the custom wavefront-guided procedures we offer remain state-of-the art and are largely unchanged. However, I am rapidly gaining confidence in implantable contact lenses. These lenses allow many patients who are not a candidate for LASIK or other laser-based procedures to enjoy greater freedom from eyeglasses and contact lenses."
With respect to cataract surgery, the meeting offered a considerable amount of useful information. "The field of cataract surgery is rapidly evolving, especially in regards to the lens implants that are used during surgery," stated Dr. Qamar. "Though the newer bifocal-like implants are providing my patients with a fuller range of vision and greater spectacle independence, there are occasional patients who are not 100% satisfied with the performance of these lenses. Several sessions focused on helping this small subset of patients and I came away with useful new information that will help significantly. This will allow more and more of my patients to benefit from this exciting new technology."
Questions about Topics Raised in this Article(click a question to view answer)
There are currently no questions for this section. You can ask a question by filling in the form here.
- Strange Facts about the Cost of LASIK. (29 Apr)
- Three Things You Must Know Before You Consider Laser Eye Surgery (17 Jun)
- Dr. Qamar Named in 2012 Phoenix Super Doctors List (6 Jan)
- Dr. Qamar Named 2011 Top Doctor by Phoenix Magazine (1 Apr)
- Q Vision Now Offers Latisse (15 Apr)
- Arizona Cataract Surgeon Reviews Latest Advancements (14 Apr)
- Scottsdale Eye Surgeon Attends AAO Meeting in San Francisco (2 Nov)
- Q Vision Now Offers Implantable Contact Lens Surgery in Phoenix (28 Aug)
- Phoenix Cataract and LASIK Surgeon Attends ASCRS Meeting (15 Apr)
- Visit Q Vision on Facebook! (1 Feb)
- Advice for First Time Visitors (1 Jan)
- Dr. Qamar Attends Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. (15 Nov)
- Hale-Qamar Cataract and LASIK Center is now Q Vision! (1 Oct)
- Wavefront-guided LASIK improves night driving performance (1 Mar)